Celebrate the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ with your own Group Booking at the Unity Pitch
Celebrate FIFA Women’s World Cup™ at the Barangaroo Unity Cup.
The Barangaroo Unity Cup will be a tournament that hosts 32 Teams of 5 Players who will each compete for the champion title at FIFA Women’s World Cup™ Unity Pitch in Barangaroo.
When: 12:15pm – 2:15pm daily from Thursday 20 July - Sunday 20 August
Where: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000 Get Directions here
Registration is now closed.
How it works
- Register as a team of 5 to compete by 5pm Wednesday July 19
- The Unity Cup is a space of inclusion. We encourage team diversity through age, gender, ethnicity, physical ability and all other. Teams should be mixed with a minimum of one female.
- All players must be 18 years or over
- Games will be 30 min each (2 x 13min halves with a 4 min halftime)
- Games will be held Mon-Fri during lunchtime (3 x sessions between 12:15pm – 2:15pm daily)
- This is a social competition with no prior experience required
- Each team will be guaranteed 1 x games (matched with a random other team) and may opt in for a second.
- Once all teams have had their warm up game, the tournament will move into the knock out competition, commencing on Monday July 31.
- The bracket will be released and the rules are simple. Winner moves on!
- In the instance of a tie during knockout games, a shootout will occur.
- Semi-Finals will be held on Thursday Aug 17 with finals on Friday Aug 18.
- Games will continue in all weather conditions. Place Management NSW reserves the right to reschedule any game in the instance of adverse weather.
The Unity Pitch will be in Barangaroo from 20 July- Sunday 20 August, and will be open from 12pm to 7pm daily and available for use by the public, teams, organisations, sporting groups and community groups with a fun, vibrant program of football activities.
FIFA Women’s World Cup Unity Pitch
To celebrate the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 coming to home soil, Barangaroo will host the very first Unity Pitch! The Unity Pitch is open from 12pm to 7pm daily between 20 July - 20 August with a fun, vibrant program of football activities, the pitch will be available for use by the public, teams, organisations, sporting groups and community groups. Unity Pitch is moving to Sydney Opera House for the Final.
| Find out more |
About FIFA Women’s World Cup™
Be a part of history! The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 will be a tournament of firsts. In 2023, fans will see 32 nations playing 64 matches across nine host cities in Australia and New Zealand for the first time in Women's World Cup history. The tournament – which is held from 20 July to 20 August 2023 – will embody Australia’s passion for women’s football and provide Australians with the opportunity to watch, and be inspired by, the best footballers in the world
| Find out more |