You see that Eucalyptus tree in the Lobby? That's our Connection Tree.
Watch it grow with curiousity this NAIDOC Week.
Did you know that eucalyptus trees are a holy tree for First Nations Australians? They represent the division of the underworld, earth, and heaven. The eucalyptus leaf has purifying effects, which were used by First Nations People to relieve congestion and body pains. Interestingly, even koalas have embraced this wisdom. Eucalyptus leaves are also traditionally used in smoking ceremonies, where the burning smoke from the eucalyptus trees is waved onto people to cleanse them and dispel negative energies.
This week, our eucalyptus tree will serve as a symbol of connection and remembrance. The tree will act as a platform for you to tap into the knowledge of First Nations Elders by penning a question to a First Nations Elder and hanging it on the branches.
Ready to connect and watch this collective experience unfold? Well, take note of the following days to receive your card and hang your question.
Tuesday 4 July, 9:30-10:30am, Tower Two Lobby
Wednesday 5 July, 9:30-10:30am, Tower Three Lobby
By getting involved, you’ll not only have the opportunity to connect with the timeless wisdom of First Nations people, but you'll also have the chance to win one of two epic prizes: a stunning Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair painting or two tickets for the Burrawa Aboriginal Climb Experience where you and a pal could scale to the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge with a First Nations storyteller as your guide.
We're talking a total prize pool of approximately $3,000. What's the catch? There'll only be two lucky winners from across International Towers Sydney.
Simply hang your question on the Connection Tree and login or register for the Partner Portal to enter the prize draw. You'll have until the end of NAIDOC Week to pen your question or message and hang it on the tree. We’ll select the winners at random on Monday, 10 July.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the competition rules carefully. When you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and agree to them.
- The competition is open to members of International Towers Parter Portal. Not a member? Click here to register for the Partner Portal.
- Only one entry per person unless otherwise stated.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and International Towers reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in any such promotional activity and material as International Towers may require.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Each competition will have clear guidelines and or instructions on how to compete or register to win.
- Distribution and or collection of prizes will be coordinated by the International Towers Management Team.
- This competition is brought to you by International Towers and has no affiliation with, association to, authorisation or endorsement by Apple iOS and Android or any of their subsidiaries.
- International Towers reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. International Towers may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this, then we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.