Join in the NAIDOC Week celebrations at International Towers
National NAIDOC Week events are held across Australia in the first week of July each year from Sunday to Sunday, to celebrate and recognise the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This year’s NAIDOC Week dates are 3rd to 10th July and the theme is “Get up! Stand up! Show up!” which encourages everyone to champion institutional, structural, collaborative, and cooperative change while celebrating those who have already driven and led change in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities over generations.
There is plenty going on at International Towers to mark National NAIDOC Week. See below for our jam-packed listing of activities to celebrate.
Join our Interactive Trail and you could win a trip for two people to experience the 56th Freedom Festival in NT, August 2022
Walk with our First Nations people through the seven days of NAIDOC Week exploring seven events that changed our journey toward reconciliation. From Invasion and the Frontier Wars that ensued through today’s commitment to the Uluru Statement of the Heart and an enshrined voice to parliament.
Explore this unique experience, and answer seven simple questions and you will go into the draw to win amazing First Nations gift packs and an all-inclusive experience for two people to attend the 56th Freedom Day Festival in the Northern Territory in August 2022.
7 Events to look out for
1. Invasion & the Frontier Wars
2. Wavehill Walk Off
3. Mabo High Court Decision
4. Tent Embassy
5. The Freedom Rallies
6. The National Apology
7. Uluru Statement of the Heart
Here’s how to play:
You will find the displays in each of our lobbies of International Towers; The Tower Two, South and North Lobby, Tower Three South Lobby, and a single display in the International House lobby. The seven displays contain information about key events, each with a question. Once you have found the seven questions and answers, use the QR code to enter your details, along with seven correct answers and you will go into the draw to win.
Here's how to enter:
- Be or become a member of the International Towers Partner Portal.
- Follow the trail through your lobby to find the seven questions and answers.
- Scan one of the QR codes to enter your details and complete your seven answers.
The competition closes on Sunday 10th July at 5pm. One lucky winner who has correctly answered all seven questions will be selected at random to win an all expenses paid trip for two people to attend the 56th Freedom Day Festival in the Northern Territory in August 2022.
We will notify the winner using the phone number or email supplied with their entry, please see more terms and conditions below.
What: NAIDOC Interactive Trail
When: Sunday 3rd July to Sunday 10th July
Where: Displays throughout our lobbies at International Towers
See terms and conditions below.
We’re excited to confirm that once again we’ll be hosting a smoking ceremony and cultural dance to celebrate this incredibly important week. Starting in Exchange Place adjacent to the Tower Three south lobby, it will then wind its way through Tower Two and Tower One in an enchanting display of Indigenous culture.
What: Smoking Ceremony & Cultural Dance
When: Tuesday 5th July at 8:30am
Where: Exchange Place, adjacent to Tower Three south lobby.
Share and learn with Isaiah Dawe, CEO / Founder ID. Know Yourself
Attendees will hear from Isaiah Dawe, CEO and Founder of ID. Know Yourself, the first Aboriginal not-for-profit mentoring organisation to specifically support Aboriginal teenagers in preparing them for life after foster care.
Photo credit: ID Know Yourself.
What: Exclusive event: invite-only
When: Wednesday 6th July at 8-9am
Where: One International Towers, Barangaroo Sydney
Indigenous Literacy Foundation - Book Sale
Language is one of the most important parts of any culture, if language dies, culture dies. On Thursday 7th July at 8.30am, come and browse books featuring First Nations writers and in language.
Thanks to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF).
The ILF is a national charity of the Australian Book Industry, working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander remote Communities across Australia.
What: First Nations Book Sale
When: Thursday 7th July at 8.30am
Where: Tower Three South Lobby.
Flags on display
In acknowledgment of NAIDOC Week, the three Australian National Flags will be displayed in Tower Two and Three lobbies.
What: Flags on display
When: Throughout NAIDOC Week and all of July
Where: Throughout our lobbies at International Towers
Our Towers will be Illuminated
To mark this special week, don't forget to look up and see our Towers illuminated in the colours to symbolise the Australian Aboriginal flag.
You will see the red, which represents the lower half of the flag, which stands for the earth. The yellow suggests the circle of yellow in the centre of the flag, which represents the sun.
NAIDOC Up Late
Join us around the fire pits and beautifully lit trees of Barangaroo Reserve’s Walumil Lawn for a FREE evening of music and vibes featuring some of today's hottest Indigenous acts including Mo'Ju, Ziggy Ramo, AYA J, Tessa Thames and Cloe Terare. One not to be missed!
What: NAIDOC Up Late
When: Saturday, 2nd July, 7-11PM
Where: Barangaroo Reserve’s Walumil Lawn
Aboriginal Dance Workshop
Bring the kids (aged 5-13 years) to Barangaroo these school holidays and celebrate NAIDOC Week with some fun and active Aboriginal dance workshops where they will learn traditional dances and songs in the stunning natural surrounds of Barangaroo Reserve.
What: Aboriginal Dance Workshop
When: Mon-Thurs, 4-7th July
Where: held outdoors
Join a Cultural Tour
Barangaroo’s program of Aboriginal Cultural Tours will immerse you in the native history of Sydney Harbour and the importance of the land to Australia’s Aboriginal heritage and its significance to the clans of the Eora Nation that once lived in Sydney.
What: Aboriginal Cultural Tours
When: 10:30am Mondays through Saturdays
NAIDOC Interactive Trail Competition Terms and Conditions
In line with The Community Gaming Act 2018 and the Community Gaming Regulation 2020 started on 1 July 2020, we outline the “rules” of this competition as follows. When you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- Competition is open to members of the International Towers Partner Portal only. Not a member? If you work in International Towers Tower 2 or Tower 3 or International House you can join here.
- The competition closes on Sunday 10th July at 5pm and International Towers reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- One winner will be chosen by selecting one winner at random from all correct entries. The International Towers team will notify the winner via the phone number or the email provided on the entry form.
- Only one entry per person unless otherwise stated.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in any such promotional activity and material as International Towers may require.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. There is one prize of an all expenses paid trip to The NorthernTerritory to attend the 56th Freedom Day Festival in August 2022.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Each competition will have clear guidelines and or instructions on how to compete or register to win.
- One winner of the major prize will be selected by the International Towers Management team at random from all eligible correct entries.
- Distribution and or collection of prizes will be coordinated by Concierge or, in some instances, by the Partnership Manager.
- This competition is brought to you by International Towers and has no affiliation with, association to, authorisation or endorsement by Instagram, or any of their subsidiaries, or any other social media platform.
- International Towers reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. We may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this, then we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.